Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Featureline from Corridor: SMOOTHING -- What do those options do?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
doni49
264 Views, 1 Reply

Extract Featureline from Corridor: SMOOTHING -- What do those options do?

I was looking through the docs and all it says is that this eliminates tessellation.  I understand that and that's what I'm looking to do.  But the docs don't give any guidance on what these numbers are for. 

I'm talking about the three options under the "Smoothing" group - "Horiz Deviation", "Weeding" & "Arc Inclusion" (I'm looking at the 2010 docs as that's all I could find at the moment).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Ok. I'm at the office now and I've looked in the 2012 userguide.  It does provide a little more info but not much.

Horizontal Deviation

Specifies the maximum 2D distance within which the non-colinear points must be located from the resulting smooth curve. If set to 0, the curve will interpolate all points.

Weeding Distance

Specifies the minimum distance between co-linear points in the resulting smooth curve. The intermediate co-linear points are weeded.

Arc Inclusion Distance

Specifies the maximum distance within which the non-collinear points must be located to be converted into arcs.

But I've tried to apply this tool (using various combinations of settings for these three) to my corridor and I haven't seen it have any effect on the featureline that I extracted.

FeatureLineFromCorridor.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report