Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract elevations from survey drawing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jmaceachern
1562 Views, 4 Replies

Extract elevations from survey drawing

Hi, I've been sent a survey drawing with elevations. The format is a block, but it's not a named block. Each entity has it's own block name. So, I'm having trouble getting at the elevations. I can't seem to export and get the elevation or Postion Z.

I've tried exploding these blocks, but all I get is a couple of polylines, and some text. Useless. 

Any ideas? 

I've attached a sample drawing with a couple of these points.

Any help greatly appreciated! -jm

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: jmaceachern

I wrote this for someone else recently and it seemed to do the trick. You are welcome to give it a shot.

Load the lisp, run the command "anon2pointblocks" which will create blocks which mimic the old Softdesk point block. You can then use the C3D command to Replace Softdesk Point Blocks.

I didn't test your drawing, as I don't have much time right now. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to get something working this evening.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
jmaceachern
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff, that worked like a charm. I'm curious what software generated that original format, I'll have to do some inquiries, so I won't run into this issue agin.

Thanks so much! 

-jason m.

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: jmaceachern

The original most likely came from Civil3D exported to Autocad, which is what needs to be done when saving back to an older format.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
yousufmnsr
in reply to: Jeff_M

Sir

I tried the lisp you provided but received an error "bad argument type: lselsetp nil".

Please can you assist further.

I also tried converting the block to softdesk point, but the elevations do not seem to reflect on a surface created using the blocks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report