Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensive handling topography

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
daniel.olivera
649 Views, 13 Replies

Extensive handling topography

That such a nice day to all , I have the following query , some time ago I showed how I could handle dwg files with topographic contours of large areas and in a matter of file size were very large, in the example I showed associating topographic curves file using the "Task Panel" plain 3D , the file was asiciado the project but not carried as such topographical curves , however could use them to define and generate surfaces , something like the "Data Shortcuts " when performing any change in the topography in automatic file was updated in my project where I had referenced as an external reference . I have tried to do this but I can not get the result , because if I can associate the file with the Task Panel topograifia and achievement curves displayed in my project but I can not use them to define my area that I intend to create . Ojala and could guide me because by this method , extensive surveying projects become more practical to use and not Encourage the use of my pc .

Greetings !

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Amigo,

you'd better write directly in portuguese, 'cause your Google Translate version is not quite understandable...

Obrigado, y viva el fado !

Message 3 of 14

they do not use the google translator but then you put it in Spanish also hope and so if you can understand and if you can colaborarme i will be grateful.

Greetings and thanks

Traduccion 1:

Que tal buen dia a todos, tengo la siguiente consulta, hace algun tiempo me mostraron como podia manejar archivos dwg con curvas de nivel topograficas de areas extensas y que en cuestion de tamaño de archivo eran muy grandes, en el ejemplo que me mostraron asociaban el archivo de curvas topograficas mediante el "Task Panel" de civil 3D, el archivo quedaba asiciado al proyecto pero no cargaba como tal las curvas topograficas, sin embargo podia utilizarlas para definir y generar superficies, algo asi como los "Data Shortcuts", cuando realizaba algun cambio en el archivo de topografia en automatico se actualizaba en mi proyecto donde lo tenia referenciado como una referencia externa. He tratado de realizar esto pero no logro conseguir el resultado, ya que si puedo asociar el archivo de topograifia con el Task Panel y logro visualizar las curvas en mi proyecto pero no puedo utilizarlas para definir mi superficie que pretendo crear. Ojala y me pudieran orientar ya que mediante este metodo, proyectos de topografia extensa se vuelven mas practicos de utilizar y no alentan el uso de mi pc.

Saludos!

Traduccion 2:

pues no utilice el traductor de google pero entonces te lo pongo en español tambien espero y asi si lo puedas comprender y si puedes colaborarme te estare agradecido.

Saludos y gracias

Message 4 of 14

Hermano,

no puede comprender su "spanglish", lo siento.

===================

Gentlemen Expert Elites,

if some of you lives in New Mexico, would you please decode what Daniel is asking about, in order to help him?

Gracias, hombres!

Message 5 of 14
troma
in reply to: antoniovinci

Sometimes using Google Translate (or something similar) is the only option available.
These ideas will help your words to translate:
Make sure everything is spelled correctly.
Use very short sentences. Keep each thought simple. Keep the sentences short. Then there is more hope that the computer can understand and translate correctly.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 14

ok bueno haber si asi se comprende mejor:

Que tal buen dia a todos, tengo la siguiente consulta, hace algun tiempo me mostraron como podia manejar archivos dwg con curvas de nivel topograficas de areas extensas y que en cuestion de tamaño de archivo eran muy grandes, en el ejemplo que me mostraron asociaban el archivo de curvas topograficas mediante el "Task Panel" de civil 3D, el archivo quedaba asiciado al proyecto pero no cargaba como tal las curvas topograficas, sin embargo podia utilizarlas para definir y generar superficies, algo asi como los "Data Shortcuts", cuando realizaba algun cambio en el archivo de topografia en automatico se actualizaba en mi proyecto donde lo tenia referenciado como una referencia externa. He tratado de realizar esto pero no logro conseguir el resultado, ya que si puedo asociar el archivo de topograifia con el Task Panel y logro visualizar las curvas en mi proyecto pero no puedo utilizarlas para definir mi superficie que pretendo crear. Ojala y me pudieran orientar ya que mediante este metodo, proyectos de topografia extensa se vuelven mas practicos de utilizar y no alentan el uso de mi pc.

Saludos!

Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 14
hmsilva
in reply to: daniel.olivera

Daniel,

if your native language is Portuguese, you can try to ask for help at AutoCAD Civil 3D - Português forum...

(se a tua lingua materna é o Portugês, podes tentar pedir ajuda no forum do AutoCAD Civil 3D - Português)

HTH

(espero que ajude)

Henrique

EESignature

Message 8 of 14
antoniovinci
in reply to: hmsilva

hmsilva wrote:

AutoCAD Civil 3D - Português forum

I'd love to have an Italian one, Henrique: how might I get it..?

Message 9 of 14
hmsilva

@antoniovinci wrote:
I'd love to have an Italian one, Henrique: how might I get it..?

Antonio,

just trying to help, there were "some" translation difficulties from the OP...

Never understood why don't exists an Italian forum... 

But I promise, if I find it, I'll post the link...Smiley Wink

EDIT: and I'm not sure what the OP is Portuguese!

Henrique

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
antoniovinci
in reply to: hmsilva

The unofficial italian C3D forum is here, moreover there's a big Autocad Map discussion group (1155 members) on FB.

Message 11 of 14
hmsilva

Antonio,
please don't misunderstand me, what I was trying to say it was, that I never understood why don't exists an Italian forum at "forums.autodesk", I am aware of many italian AC, C3D, Revit... forums and users.

Henrique

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
troma

Is your problem the use of curves to define a TIN surface?
I don't think you can use arcs.
I know you can use polylines or feature lines (featurelines) to define a surface as breaklines or contours.
In 2014, I believe you can use splines to define a surface, but not in previous versions.
What version are you working in?

Mark Green

Message 13 of 14
daniel.olivera
in reply to: troma

Hola troma, gracias hasta que alguien si entendio lo que preguntaba, que tan dificil era leer y eneteder pero bueno, mira estoy utilizando la version 2014, y si puedo generar superficies ya sea TIN o Grid y definirlo con polilineas, lineas, puntos, 2d polilineas siempre y cuando tenga estos elementos en el archivo de mi proyecto, el detalle es que tengo archivos muy grandes de topografia y creo que puedo generar superficies asociando los archivos topograficos sin la necesidad de insertar los elementos para definirlo. Esto no hacerlo necesariamente con los Data Shortcuts por que en este metodo tendria que ocupar primero el archivo base de topografia, generar la superficien y entonces ahora si crear un Data Shortcuts de superficie para asociarla a otro proyecto.

Message 14 of 14
troma

"Hello stroma, thanks to someone if you understand what I was wondering, how difficult it was to read and eneteder but hey, look I'm using the 2014 version, and if I can generate surfaces either TIN or Grid and define it with polylines, lines, points, 2d polylines long as you have these items in my project file, the problem is that I have very large files of topography and I think I can generate files associating topographical surfaces without the need to insert the elements to define it. This does not necessarily do the Data Shortcuts that this method would have to occupy first base topography file, and then generate the surface will now if you create a Data Shortcuts to associate surface to another project."

I am having a very hard time understanding this translation.
Please write in shorter sentences! Actually, please keep each sentence as short as possible. Please explain clearly what you mean. If possible, repeat your thoughts using different words. This can help the translation to be understood.

As far as I know, only "Point Files" can be referenced externally into a TIN surface.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report