Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending a Surface to a Boundary

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Joyfer
2346 Views, 4 Replies

Extending a Surface to a Boundary

Hello,

I have survey data of the inside floor of a pond ( the pond has a flat floor ). The surface made from the survey data needs to extend to the outline of the pond instead of the outline of the survey points.

I tried the smooth surface method of kriging with a grid base and I sellected the outline of the pond for the output region and that worked somewhat but there are still gaps between the boarder and the surface.

Let me know if that makes since.

Thank you,

Joy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Joyfer

Joy,

Could you post a caption or sketch of what your trying to accomplish?
Sounds like you may not have survey data coverage for the entire pond bottom?
Or may need to add a boundary to the proposed pond bottom surface?
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Joyfer

The outline of the pond you selected only defines the outline of the grid of TIN points created.  The software will create new TIN lines between these points, but since there's no data right at the boundary polyline or outside of it the result will likely leave the gaps that you're seeing.  If you switch your surface style to display the TIN then you should see this.

Try running the Kriging operation again, but this time extend the grid beyond the pond floor before applying it as a non-destructive boundary.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 5
Joyfer
in reply to: Jay_B

This is what I'm talking about, you see the surface and the outline of the pond in red.

The surface doesn't quite reach the red boarder.

Message 5 of 5
Joyfer
in reply to: sboon

That solution worked perfectly.

Many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report