Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Volume Dashboard Report from IE to Excel

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
neilyj666
4233 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting Volume Dashboard Report from IE to Excel

Just trying to bring in a Volumes Dashboard report from IE10 to Excel 2010 (it all worked fine until I my PC was upgraded from IE9/Excel 2007)

When the report is in IE10, I Select All and paste to Excel (as I always have done) and the numbers are not recognised as numbers (there is no convert text to numbers prompt) and seem to have a leading space which Find/Replace can't find and replace.

If I right click in IE10 and Export to Excel, most of the exported data has a weird character preceding it (but which can be found and replaced). Any one know what this character is and how to stop it appearing?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: neilyj666

tried again today and yet more (slightly different) random characters

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
O.Maille
in reply to: neilyj666

It's a long way around but you could print to pdf/image and use google OCR to recognise the table when uploaded to google docs, I've used it for extracting tables usefull for design from standards.

Message 4 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: O.Maille

I've gone with the Ctrl-A from IE10 and Ctrl-V in Excel. I have discovered that the leading blank space is in fact a non breaking space i.e. Alt+0160 so it can now be found and replaced

Pity I can't give myself a Kudo...!!!!!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report