Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting UI Profile

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jwebb88
575 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting UI Profile

Hi guys,

Out IT guys have recently decided to change the way our network runs, and we now each have seperate logins, hosted on our server. This means I now have to get Civil3D running on these new user profiles.

I have managed to get Civil running, but the UI on those new profiles is completely standard. Rather than manually changing all of our settings, is there another way to easily and quickly make those changes on the new user profiles?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: jwebb88

What I"ve done in the past is to setup one profile with most of the common settings, network paths for templates, plotters, etc. then exported that profile to a common location on the network. Then have the other users import that profile and customize to their liking.  When they're finished, they export it to their C3D support user folder on the network, that way if they have to change locations for any reason, they can simply import their own.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5
jwebb88
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Is there any simple way to copy the same toolbars into the same locations, or do I just have to do that manually?

Message 4 of 5
jwebb88

Also, is there a way to make Civil 3D use the network profile as a default profile? Or do they have to load it each time?

Message 5 of 5
jwebb88

Figured it out. Had to export the profile, import it in Civil on each new profile, rename the <<C3D_Metric>> profile to Old<<CD_Metric>>, and rename the customized profile to <<C3D_Metric>>. Then I just copied the C3D.cuix file accross into the new Documents and Settings folder, and all is working good now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report