Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to Trimble for survey, holes in data

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
millsy.g
1333 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting to Trimble for survey, holes in data

I have a roadway corridor that I am trying to export into RXL format for Trimble R8 and R10 data collectors. I am using the trimble addon for Civil3d 2013. When I view the exported data in Trimble buisness center, I notice some very major missing data and deviations from the actual corridor data.

I have attached some screenshots of the problem, does anyone have any experience correcting this issue?

274 C3d.PNG274 Trimble.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zoeyanne
in reply to: millsy.g

I could be way off, but by any chance do you have the "Use Maximum Angle" set to "yes" for your surface?  I have noticed a bug where if you set the maximum angle between adjacent TIN lines to 110 degrees (for example), the angle only holds for the current session.  Once the drawing is closed and re-opened, the angle reverts back to 90 degrees which is what your surface looks like.  I wonder if when creating the RXL file the software is using a 90 degree angle and that is why you have the holes on the edges.  I only use the "Maximum Angle" setting for extracting a boundary and then I turn the setting off again so it doesn't revert back to a 90 degree angle.

Hope that helps.

Zoeyanne

C3D2014 SP1

Message 3 of 5
millsy.g
in reply to: zoeyanne

The setting for 'use maximum angle" is set to 'no'.

The other issue I'm noticing is that the actual cross section of the exported file is incorrect in seemingly random locations. I have a 3% cross slope, but in some places, it starts at 3% for less than a meter, then it dives down to 9.79% until it hits the side slope.

Message 4 of 5
millsy.g

So I was going through the files in Trimble business center with a co-worker.

It seems that the issue is only between stations. If I go every 20 meters, the template is correctly applied. However inbetween there are many issues.

This means that our surveyors can get away with using this file, since they only need the information on the 20 meter stations. 

This issue is apparently known by Trimble, but they don't know what is going on.

Message 5 of 5
rphayes

I have heard of this issue, from my own experience it was better not to use the Trimble Addon at all but to export the design as a LandXML file which you can then import into Trimble Business Centre for processing.

LandXML can also be imported directly into Trimble Access on the TSC3 Controllers.I know it is not a fix but it is better to have the comfort that your data for setting out is correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report