Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting station offset info for points near alignment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
william.vesely
2647 Views, 5 Replies

exporting station offset info for points near alignment

Just went from 2007 Land Desktop to 2011 Civil 3D and am having a horrible time trying to figure how to get station, offset, etc. info for points near an alignment I made output to a file so I can use in a spreadsheet for analysis.  Sorry for such a silly question, but I am finding the interface a rather large adjustment.

Thanks,

Bill

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: william.vesely

Open the Toolbox, another tab within the Toolspace.  Find the Point Report named "Station Offset to Points".  This tool creates a standalone HTML file.  You can copy and paste into Excel if you wish.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
william.vesely
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks Matt.  Wish they would have the option to choose by point group.  Perhaps this is not an oft-used tool.  Anyway, thanks again.

Bill

Message 4 of 6
mathewkol

I agree there should be an option to select points graphically.  Doesn't even need to be by group.  I can select a grop of points myself.  If we were given the option to select "Previous", that would be good enough.  I can't seem to find this option either.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: mathewkol

The Sincpac-C3D fixes that problem.  With the Full Edition, you have commands like the Dynamic Reporting commands, or you can use  Cogo Point Dynamic Links to add Station/Offset and other information to User Defined Properties.

The Free Edition has the StaOff command, which is much the same as the old "Display Points by Station and Offset" command in Land Desktop.  That command is part of the free functionality, with no activation required, so to get it, you only need to download and install the Sincpac-C3D.

Sinc
Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

As a work around you could export the point group, start a clean file, dref the alignment and threport will contain only the points you want

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report