Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting SHP files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
owenmull
4148 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting SHP files

Hello All,

I am relatively new to AutoCadd, and have a problem. I have a drawing containing multiple .shp file connections, all point data, that I need to export into one large.shp file. I already downloaded the MapExport.ini file from Autodesk fixing an issue with the -mapexport command. Basically, before you couldn't select what object data to be exported, ie. point, line, text, polygon, but with the fix from Autodesk, you can, by downloading the new file. Now, my problem is that when I go "mapexport"-->ESRI Shape File-->Select objects to export, neither 'Select All' or 'Select Manually' works. I get an error telling me no objects are selected, even though I just selected all my points I wish to export.

I attached a screenshot to help clarify the issue.

I do not have Map 3d. I've looked everywhere, and can't figure out why I can't get Autocadd Civil 3d 2010 to pick up my data.

Thanks in advance,

-O

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: owenmull

Hi,

>> I have a drawing containing multiple .shp file connections,[...]

>> Now, my problem is that when I go "mapexport"-->ESRI Shape File-->Select objects to export,

>> neither 'Select All' or 'Select Manually' works.

The Exporter can only export AutoCAD-Geometry, not what is connected through FDO. So you have two chances:

1) Instead of connecting to the source-SHPs you have to import them with command _MAPIMPORT ==> that creates AutoCAD-Geometry (point or block) and that type of geometry can be exported with _MAPEXPORT.

During MAPIMPORT be carefull to import also the attributes, which will be stored as "Object-Data" within Map3D

2) you connect to SHPs with FDO (like you described first) and than create a new SHP-file by adding a new scheme (within MAPWSPACE-window ==> second tab (map-explorer) ==> right-mouse-click on "Scheme").

And within the same dialog you will find under button "Extras" ==> "mass-copy". With that you can copy GIS-Data from one FDO-connection to another.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: owenmull

An extra side note:

If you truly have Autocad Civil 3D, you will have Map 3D built in as well.

Bill

Message 4 of 4
owenmull
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Ok, thanks. That gets me further along. I simply connected them via data connect, in the Task-based Geospatial work mode. I just tried importing them via MAPIMPORT, setting the attributes, and then exporting via MAPEXPORT to a shape file, and that seems to be what I needed. Thanks for the help!!!!!

Microstation > Autocadd. Smiley Happy

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report