Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting/importing Description keys via LandXML

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
allywhite666
1230 Views, 5 Replies

exporting/importing Description keys via LandXML

I found refrences on these forums about exporting/importing Description keys via LandXML. Can someone explain how to do this? I have looked thourgh the program and cant find any way I used the comands LANDXMLOUT -LANDXMLOUT and got "No LandXML compatible objects found".

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: allywhite666

I believe that you need to edit the landxml settings. Under Export there is a section for export description keys.

This will export all description keys from the drawing but you will need to write some Cogo points linked with description keys to the file as well in order to export the data.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 6
Jay_B

I'm not familiar with a LandXml means of importing Description Keys into a new drawing.

What I am aware of that does work is to open both the target drawing and the host drawing and drag/drop the Description Key Set into target dwg.

In case you're not familiar with this here's how it's done.

Open both dwg's>Set view to Master View>Set target drawing as Active Window>Settings Tab of Toolspace>Dwg containing Desc Key Set>Point>Description Key Sets>Drag desired Desc Key Set onto the screen slowly and drop onto the screen.

Now the Description Key Set and any Point Styles used by it will be present in target dwg.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
allywhite666

Thanks guys for your help, I wanted to take the description keys out in order to bring them into excel where I can edit them better and store the files as .csv as the autocad editor is a bit of a pain, and then put them back into autocad. It's easy enough to get them out by copying but there is no way to put them back in once edited.

Message 5 of 6
tyjJRFFA

did you find a way?

Message 6 of 6
TerryDotson
in reply to: tyjJRFFA

If you were to consider third party add-ons, DotSoft's C3DTools contains a Description Key Manager that among other things, allows import and export of description keys, including direct XLSx read and write.

csPntDesKey.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report