Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Design data to Trimble

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sboon
1158 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting Design data to Trimble

Has anyone had success with this?  We're moving to Trimble Access on the survey data collectors which means that we have to export design data using Trimble Link and then use Trimble Business Center to examine the data and do any editing before sending it to the field.

So far I've found that alignments, profiles and surfaces seem to transfer OK.  Corridors however have been an almost total failure.  Can anybody comment, or suggest where I can get some help on this?

Steve
Civil 3D 2012 & 2013 & 2014
Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q890
2 x i7 - Q740 quad core CPU's
8GB of RAM
60GB SSD + 500GB HDD
NVidia GeForce GTS 360M - driver 8.17.13.0697
Win 7 Home Premium
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mxlawton
in reply to: sboon

Hi,

You are not on your own.We are having the same problem.

Message 3 of 4
sboon
in reply to: mxlawton

I've had some small success with this since the original post.  I have to do most of the work in TBC, recreating the corridor model there.  Fortunately I can import the dwg file and use the linework for targeting, and to check on the results of my work.  The real issue is that TBC does not have the same capabilities for constructing sections as Civil3d does, so I cannot recreate all of the logic used.

I had hoped to talk to Trimble about this at AU, but unfortunately they weren't there this year.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 4
kyle.stewart
in reply to: sboon

My coworker showed me how to do this a few weeks ago. He creates Feature lines for the Corrdidor from all the different layers, names them appropriately (see attached), then exports the file to Trimble Access using Trimblelink.

We didn't have a surface to tie into, so for the catchpoint, he created a string in Roads on the controller, or something like that..

I'll post more detailed procedures once I've had a chance to run through the whole thing myself.

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report