Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Civil 3D Corridor

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wilsonm2000
458 Views, 6 Replies

Exporting Civil 3D Corridor

Hi guys

Does anyone know an easy way to export a corridor with just the featurelines?  I know you can individually export a featureline.  But I would like to be able to click an export button, and to have the option to export all the featurelines I require.  I do not like the "Export to DWG" command, as it breaks the corrido between each link and point.  Very messy.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: wilsonm2000

The 3rd party Sincpac-C3D has the CorridorExtractPolylines command which extracts multiple Corridor Feature Lines as 3D Polylines.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
wilsonm2000
in reply to: Jay_B

Again, can only be done with 3rd party software 😞

I suppose Autodesk dont want to make everything available in one go, that will be a feture in the future release 😛 even though MX has been doing it for years 😛
Message 4 of 7
neilyj666

You could use the GENIO export tool.

I tend to isolate the corridor with just the featurelines as the code set, explode until I just have LINE objects and WBLOCK. Insert the exploded corridor to a new drawing and JOIN the Lines to create 3D polys. Rough but works for my purpose until this is available OOTB

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 7
wilsonm2000
in reply to: neilyj666

Yeah, I do this as well, but as you say, its a very rough way of doing it. And more time consuming than it should be. I will give the GENIO export tool a go, but I think that just exports it as an actual MX model, so you would still have to go into MX and export it out as 3D polylines.
Message 6 of 7
neilyj666

Import it back using the GENIO import?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 7
wilsonm2000
in reply to: neilyj666

Oh yeah, haha. Sorry, its been a long day 😛

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report