Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Alignment to ArcGIS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Tdark
1242 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Alignment to ArcGIS

I am trying to export an AutoCAD Civil 3D alignment (with multiple station equations) to a format that can be imported into an ArcGIS 10 map WITH STATION EQUATION DATA.  I have tried exporting to .sdf, then using MAPIMPORT to bring that .sdf file into AutoCAD Map and then exporting a .shp file but all I can get in the way of stationing is the original stationing.  I need to do a spatial analysis using the dynamically segmented centerline that is only possible in ArcGIS and am trying to avoid rebuilding the dynamically segmented centerline in ArcGIS.  I can easily get the linework from ACAD to ArcGIS, but would have to then manually create an 'intelligent' route in ArcGIS which will be painful for the 200+ mile route.

Any ideas?

Another question may be to ask if it's possible to calculate the stations of intersecting lines (...or polygons) along an alignment in AutoCAD?

Many thanks for any help! 

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ericcollins6932
in reply to: Tdark

You can manually label any point along an alignment using the annotation tools. Guessing you want this automatically though.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 3
Tdark
in reply to: ericcollins6932

Yeah, I'm looking for an Automated process.  If I go through the trouble of making a dynamically segmented route in ArcGIS I can have the software calculate them for me.  There are ~ 1200 intersection points to calculate so doing it by hand is a VERY last resort.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report