AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

acherry
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)
Accepted Solution

export xml contours not the same

122 Views, 2 Replies
11-27-2012 07:15 AM

trouble....i'm exporting a surface from 2013 to be used in 2010 for presentation. works great but the contour interval is not the same as the surface i'm exporting. working in 5/25 contours...xml import comes in with 2/10 contours. looked for a setting but can't seem to find. help?

Contour interval is set by surface style.  What style are you putting the surface on when you import? You can set that style before or after you import, or you can put the surface on a different style as you import, or later.

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: export xml contours not the same

11-27-2012 08:03 AM in reply to: acherry

Contour interval is set by surface style.  What style are you putting the surface on when you import? You can set that style before or after you import, or you can put the surface on a different style as you import, or later.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

acherry
Message 3 of 3 (105 Views)

Re: export xml contours not the same

11-27-2012 08:56 AM in reply to: troma
Yes, that makes sense. thank you. I imported the file and exploded it for minor cleanup and presentation before i noticed the contours were not the same as the original. Strange, that when I started a new drawing and imported the same xml file, only the tinn boundary came in, no contours??? I'm kinda new to this 3d stuff and do a lot of head scratching. Sometimes I get the light bulb.sometimes not. Your help is appreciated.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.