Months back I did this project with multiple surfaces and exported them to Google Earth with no problem. Today, I'm trying to update a surface with some changes. After the changes, I tried to re-export it to Google Earth, but for some reason it's coming in really small. I have my units and zones set to what they have always been. I'm not sure what is going on.
I attached a photo for some visuals. Hopefully someone has had this problem as well and can help me out.
The suface is highlighted in yellow, but it should take up roughly the size of the red circle.
Generally you should find what happened with the units or the scales.
Take your .kmz file and do copy for backup.
Change the extension of this file to .zip and next extract all the files... from this zip
Open the extracted file and find the file called doc.dae
Open it in the notepad (if you have the notepad++ or something similar you can do it quicker but if you don’t have any software like this just use the notepad)
In the dae file check this node <unit meter="0.30480" name="feet"/>
Next find the file called doc.kml and check the nodes <Scale>
Maybe you’ll find something wrong - if yes repair all the scales, units etc.
and next save, close, zip, change to the kmz file. Finally check if it works in Google Earth.
I hope this will help.
Thanks for the replies. I tried changing the insert units prior to posting.
I finally found out the solution. Under the drawing settings in the settings tab in the toolspace pallette, I had to make sure that "Set AutoCAD variables to match" was checked. Once I did that in a new drawing, I was able to create a data reference to the surface, then export to Google Earth with the correct size.
It's always the little things.
Again, thanks for the help.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.