Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Google earth

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kentanner1346
910 Views, 4 Replies

Export to Google earth

I have a site plan that I have to place on Google earth, It is placed correctly in 'space' . However when I export to Google it does not place it correctly.. I would have thought it would have just coincidently went there somehow. Any help would be better than me just spinnin wheels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: kentanner1346

First thing I would do is double check the coordinate system you have assigned to your drawing. Are you positive your data and your drawing coordinate system match up?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
kentanner1346
in reply to: BrianHailey

I'm unsure how to respond..I recieved a survey from a outside surveyor with benchmarks in northing and easting labeled on each. I then start a new blank file and with the line command simply type in the easting by the northing seperated with a comma. then that sets the point. I check this with a site coordinate-lisp to verify my point matches the surveyor's benchmark..

Message 4 of 5

Your drawing is at coordinates but needs a coordinate system to place it on the earth.  Right click on your drawing name in the toolspace in the settings tab and choose drawing settings.  There you can set the coordinate system such as a state plane coordinate system or UTM or whatever the surveyor used.  Then when you export to Google earth it knows where on the globe to place the linework.

:Cheers:

Windows 7 x 64
12 GB Ram
Intel Xeon Quad 3.20 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Civil 3D 2014 V2
Message 5 of 5

thanks still not working but now i can get ahold of the surveyor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report