Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to AutoCAD Previous version Civil Labels Rotation/Annotative objects

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
francisco_bobadilla
1236 Views, 21 Replies

Export to AutoCAD Previous version Civil Labels Rotation/Annotative objects

Hello,

When exporting files to previous versions of Autcad, some civil labels are rotated to the UCS World view.  I should note that we use UCSFOLLOW =1 and rotate ucs to achieve the desired viewport view.  Thninking this might be part of the issue? .  Also, I'm thinking it has to do with the Civil Style, our Orientation Reference is set to:"Object". I will play with this and post any findings.

Same issue happens with all objects that are annotative,  some times the objects are in the drawing, but they are way too small.

Anyone experiecing similar issues or have any workarounds for this?  Going in the drawing to rotate each label individually takes an awful amount of time.

Cheers,

Francisco

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22

Using Version 2012 and trying to export to 2007 or 2004.  Both have the same issue

Message 22 of 22
Sinc
in reply to: francisco_bobadilla

The difficulties involved with exporting C3D drawings to people on older versions of AutoCAD, including people on Land Desktop or other software like older versions of Carlson, has been one of my constant gripes for years now.  It's a simple fact of life in this industry that we MUST be able to work with people who are not on the latest version of C3D.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report