Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Profile Chainage and Level as text to import into Hydrology Software

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
boberdorf
1788 Views, 2 Replies

Export Profile Chainage and Level as text to import into Hydrology Software

I need cross section information of a creek for a Hydrology program (DRAINS in Australia) and need to extract this from a surface I have created in Civil 3D.  I require the Chainage and Level for a profile which represents the creek cross section at several specific locations.  The information is essentially the data bands in a Profile which I can create, however I cannot see how to obtain this information in a form I can use.

Ideally the format of the data can be copy and pasted into Excel from which I can directly import the information into the software.

I would appreciate any direction on finding a solution (apologies for the simplistic question as I am new to C3D).

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: boberdorf

I will take a stab at it.  I know hardly anything about DRAINS.

Rt click the profile line you want.  Select Edit Profile Geometry.  The Profile Layout Tools will appear, on the far right select the Profile Grid View.  You can copy all this data and paste in an Excel spreadsheet.

I am guessing this is the data you may need with some massaging.

Bill

Message 3 of 3
boberdorf
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks very much WFBERRY

That is what I was looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report