Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export points to Datacollector and create Points list

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Rubixcube10
657 Views, 4 Replies

Export points to Datacollector and create Points list

I had to create a boundary map and place points to all corners.  I'm trying to figure out how to export these newly created points back into my data collector (Ranger) and also I'm trying to figure out how to print out a points list. 

I stumbled on to this thread but I guessing that it's a different CAD year becuase my modify tab doesn't look like this...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/How-to-get-coordinates-to-all-points-in-a-full-list/m...

Rob

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Win 7 Pro SP1 - 64Bit
8GB RAM
i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

AutoCad Civil 3d 2012 SP1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rubixcube10
in reply to: Rubixcube10

Well, I just figured out how to print my point list (exporting point data) in the help menu.  But I still would like to know how to export just certain points or a range of points.  Also, would like to know how to import these points into my datacollector.

Partial Solved...

Rob

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Win 7 Pro SP1 - 64Bit
8GB RAM
i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey

To export specific points, you need to add them to a point group first. Once the point group is created, you can simply right click on the point group name and choose "Export Points".

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
Rubixcube10
in reply to: BrianHailey

interesting...when I right-click on a point group, it doesn't have the option "export points"  I see export points in XLM

Rob

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Win 7 Pro SP1 - 64Bit
8GB RAM
i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

Message 5 of 5
BrianHailey

Are there points in the point group? I just tried it with an empty point group, the option wasn't there.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report