Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Pipe Network Structure Table to Excel

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
n8ch
26426 Views, 11 Replies

Export Pipe Network Structure Table to Excel

The PLS I work under inquired if the pipe and structure tables provided in our construction plans are able to be exported to excel.  The only way I know how is to use the reports manage.  The problem is, the provided Pipes reports don't contain all the data we are looking for.  How do I modify, or create a new, Pipe report?  It seems like it should be really easy to export the data to excel......I've gotta be missing something.

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dasindog
in reply to: n8ch

Hrmm. What data do you want to show exactly?  I know you can copy all the pipe structure or pipe data from toolspace. Would that get you what you need?

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 12
n8ch
in reply to: dasindog

I would like to export all of the data represented in my structure table, as shown in the construction plans. Ideally, I could generate a Sturcture Report that would match my structure table (Number, Location, Structure, Frame & Cover, Grate Elev, Sump Elev, and depth)   Once in excel, I would add a few additional columns and formulas to facilitate construction staking (i.e. - hub elevation, cuts/fills, etc..). 

If it's not relatively easy to customize a report, I will just cob it all together via copy/paste and call er' good enough.

Thanks

Message 4 of 12
dasindog

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/Go-from-TEXT-and-LINES-to-an-AutoCAD-...

Check out the thread above. Might be worth doing some digging. I assume once you get the exploded civil 3d table into the autocad table format or a CSV then you could do whatever you need in excel.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 5 of 12
jrauch

This might be too easy, but you can manipulate the columns you want in the Panorama; higlight the pipes or structures you want to see in the report; right-click and copy to clipboard; then paste into Excel.  It's not dynamically linked or anything, but it'll make for a pretty easy solution.

-John J. Rauch, P.E.
Message 6 of 12
karlanderson3966
in reply to: jrauch

There are ad on programs that perform this task but it should be included in Civil 3D 2013 and beyond.  This is a pretty normal task when doing estimated quantities and tabulations.  I'm currently trying to figure out how to export pipe works table data to an excel sheet.  The process should be dynamically linked in both directions.  AutoCad to Excel and vice versa.  I do do table linking with Manhole and catch basin extracted block attribute data and that process works pretty well.  I have created and manipulated my pipe network table but this table doesn't allow me to export the data to a CSV file and then into an excel sheet.  What the heck?  The whole purpose of linking is so we don't have to spend time typing information into the excel sheet and then linking to our dwg files.  When you create a pipe network all that information is included with the network.  Does anyone have a solution that allows Civil 3D users to perform table exports without having to purchase an add on?  Managed Design has a program called pipes2excel that looks like it works the way I want it to work.  This task should be included somewhere in this software. 

Message 7 of 12
duongnn

Untitled.png

Message 8 of 12
MikeEvansUK

Please note:
Exporting via copy & paste in panorama does not include custom contexts.
I add notes and a custom calculation for Rim to soffit in my tables. Similarly the export to excel if not tweaked will only post some selected information.

I would advise the use of lsp to convert the exploded table to an autocad table and export from there. Search COT_Convert_Old_TableV1.5 for more info.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 9 of 12
Joe-Bouza

I agree with Mike if all you want is the table data the COT lisp is the way to go.
You say you are adding ca for more stakeout data? What can't be added via civil 3d? And include I. The cd's and be dynamic ?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I used the COT lisp the other day and noticed that if your structure/pipe tables are split into multiple tables, the lisp has trouble running. When I combined my structure tables (originally placed as 3 tables with 40 rows each) into 1 table, the lisp ran fine.

I know this may not have much to do with the overall question of this thread, but wanted to mention as we are on the topic.
Message 11 of 12
codee

The most stable method is to export the Network to SDF format.

Open an FDO connection to the SDF data.

Select the Data in the Task Pane and display it in a table.

Export select rows to .CSV format. 

Message 12 of 12
lperkins

So for future reference, here is a free AutoCAD app you can download to export the information from any civil 3d table into excel directly. If the structure/pipe tables from your plans show the information you need you can simply use this. It doesn't work well with split tables, but best option I've found so far.

https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/en/Detail/Index?id=7594632698699596084&appLang=en&os=Win64&autostart...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report