AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 11 of 13 (110 Views)

Re: Export Layout crashes

10-17-2013 07:16 AM in reply to: StumpMasterFlex

I used to work for a smaller firm where we did have to do this. This was before Export Layout was available. What I would do is to use Chspace to move the VP and TB to Model Space. Then I'd use EXtrim to trim out everything outside of the Viewport. After that I would WBlock what was left to a new file, undo and start the next layout. That was the best we could work out at the time.

Allen

Valued Contributor
StumpMasterFlex
Message 12 of 13 (100 Views)

10-17-2013 08:52 AM in reply to: StumpMasterFlex

I tried that last week.   However I found it changed object sizes, annotative text scales, resized and  repositioned object labels.  It was not pretty at all.   Maybe I had something set up wrong?  So much to learn.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Draftsperson (Exploration Technologist)
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
32. GB
64-bit Oepration System, x64-based processor
No Pen or Touch Input
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 13 of 13 (95 Views)

10-17-2013 09:17 AM in reply to: StumpMasterFlex
C3D objects rotate, change size etc. per viewport. When they are exploded they turn into an acad object that only exists at one size, one rotation, one location. Not pretty is normal.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.