Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export from HECRAS to civil 3d

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
vahidi.alireza1
914 Views, 6 Replies

Export from HECRAS to civil 3d

Hi folks, there is a class in A university  named floating away.....

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=9109

In this class a VBA named rasgeotocad2011.dvb is used to create floodplain surface in civil 3d.  i was wondering if anyone knows where i can find this VBA and use it in civil3d2012.

Regards .

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Message 3 of 7

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

Hi All,

Is there a RASgeoTOCAD2014.dvb available?
Message 5 of 7
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Donkeytail

It appears that this routine will draw polylines for cross sections at computed water surface elevations. I wonder how different it will be if I take the starting polylines from which the sample lines were created, and edit their elevations to match the computed water surface elevation at that section in RAS. then, add these polylines as breaklines to create a tin. this should yield similar results since the underlying assumption for RAS is that the water surface elevation does not vary within a given cross section (no slope for water surface looking in section view). I understand if you have hundreds of sample lines, this can be a bit of pain.

In that case, one other thing you possibly can do is export the water surface elevation table from RAS, then churn it through VBA to create a space delimited text file. this can be imported through "Profile from File", and can be use to create a corridor using a generic subassembly mimicing a flat water surface for each section location. then create a TIN from the corridor.
Message 6 of 7
KAnguizola
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Is there a RASgeoTOCAD2016.dvb available?

Is there a RASgeoTOCAD2017.dvb available?

Message 7 of 7
josue.angelo
in reply to: KAnguizola

New version in:  https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Heavily-Inundated-Using-Civil-3D-Data-Floodplain-...

Updated tutorial. Updated materials.

Download "Material.zip">>Unzip>> open the file: X_C_02_HECRAS_to_CAD>> HECRAS_to_CAD.dvb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report