Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export cross section data?

31 REPLIES 31
SOLVED
Message 1 of 32
javent
19084 Views, 31 Replies

export cross section data?

I am using Civil3D 2010. I am trying to export the offset/elevation data from my cross sections to a text file or excel file so i can paste the info into another program. so far i've been labeling the offset/elevation info on the section and typing it into excel by hand. Any suggestions?
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
Harold_Alberto
in reply to: javent

You can copy values from the section editor. 

Select and right click the section line > Edit section.  Right click the table and Copy All.  Paste onto excel and delete the columns you don't need.

HTH

Harold

Message 3 of 32
Matt.Anderson

What is your other application?

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 32
javent
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Using SewerGEMS to do a drainage study & I have to input cross section data.  Now I can paste the data into excel, then copy and paste what I need into SewerGEMS.  Now if I could just get my SewerGEMS model to run, I'd be happy, but I guess that's a discussion for another forum. . .

Message 5 of 32
Matt.Anderson

Why SewerGEMS?     Could you elaborate your decision to select SewerGEMS?

Have you tried the Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis package yet?  While I can't help you run SewerGEMS,  you might find SSA a bit easier to use. 

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 6 of 32
javent
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

The client has SewerGEMS and they want to be able to run the model.  I'm creating it and develping solutions, they're going to maintain it.  Are you talking about the HydraFlow extensions, or is SSA something different?

Message 7 of 32
Matt.Anderson

SSA is the former BOSS StormNET, so it is something different that Hydraflow.   For a comparison ( since you are using a Bentley package), you can take SewerGEMS, StormCAD, CIvilStorm, PondPack, etal in one analysis package.  It is a subscription site download and it requires Civil 3d 2011 to be installed.  It runs as a standalone package,  but Autodesk has been able to tweak the package so that it talks to Civil 3d using the Hydraflow STM format.  

I would love to hear your feedback after you try it.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions about SSA. 

first.last at jaseng dot com

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 8 of 32
sschreiber
in reply to: Harold_Alberto

This isnt working in C3D. I cant find the section editor.

Message 9 of 32
gerrykroberts

Dear Harold_Alberto,

Of coarse in case of having one cross section your note works perfectly. But in my case that i have more than One hundred cross sections what’s going on?

Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

Gerry

Message 10 of 32

HI Gerry,

From version 2011 and above, you can use the Feature Lines report.

Harold

Cross section report.jpg

Message 11 of 32

I agree. But in my case i only have an alignment and the resulting cross sections. I don't have any corridor.

So would you help me in this case please?

Regards

Gerry

Message 12 of 32

It should still work even if you don't have a corridor.  When you run the report, select Surfaces and it will list the sampled surfaces below.  Select which one you need and create the report.  

Regards,

Harold

Message 13 of 32

Unfortunatelly, nothing at all.......

Message 14 of 32

That's odd, I just tried it.  Are the cross sections Civil 3D cross sections?  Were they were created by sampling a surface?

Message 15 of 32

Of coarse.

I usually use this method in order to create cross sections.

I draw a line (the river axis), and after making an alignment I create cross sections for the natural ground.

A lot of time ago I’ll try to find a way to take the cross sections data in an Excel file but……

Message 16 of 32

I can't think of any other way of doing it I'm afraid.  

I can have a look at the drawing if you like to.  You can send it to harold.alberto at gmail dot com.

Message 17 of 32

i have already sent.

Regards

Message 18 of 32

Please see attached report.  The featureline report doesn't work on my 2012.  I'm getting .NET Framework error.  I might need to do a repair of my installation.  I did it using 2011 through xml.  I'll send the drawing through email.

You might need to do some formatting when you bring it in to spreadsheet.

Message 19 of 32
bulabog
in reply to: gerrykroberts

I been having the same problem, but I figure since the software keeps on asking for the corridor. why not try to make a null corridor. What I have done is I made an assembly with just a point marker, make a profile base on the surface and make the null corridor and one morething make the null surface base on the null corridor too. then the you will see that the featureline report works. cheers 🙂

Message 20 of 32

Dear Sir,

I need every 10 meter tranverse interval elevation of cross section natural ground .Can you please tell me how i can exprot this band to excel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report