Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exploded object labels taking current layer's color

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
IanMcClain
582 Views, 9 Replies

exploded object labels taking current layer's color

Object labels that are exploded are taking the current layer's color, despiete components being defined as bylayer and the current color set to bylayer.

I remember objects remaining as bylayer in the past; is there a setting for this behaviour? 

Ian McClain
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: IanMcClain

Hi Ian,

Do you have a file you can upload so that I may take a look?

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 10
doni49
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

I was able to reproduce the issue on my box (also with C3D SP4, Win7 64 bit). 

In my test, I have a featureline and placed a B&D label (first screen shot).  Then I exploded it turning it to a block (second screen shot).  Then I exploded it once more making it individual elements (third screen shot).

My test dwg file is attached.

ExplodeObj-ColorAssigned-1.png

ExplodeObj-ColorAssigned-2.png

ExplodeObj-ColorAssigned-3.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 10
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Also.....

I did check the label style.  Within the style, the text IS set to Bylayer.

ExplodeObj-ColorAssigned-4.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 10
Jason.Ferrelli

Don,

Thank you for the update. I originally thought the color of the object itself was changing, and now I see what the issue is.

I have been able to recreate this, and I also see that this is still the behavior in Civil 3D 2015. As Civil labels are designed not to be exploded as they then lose their dynamic functionally, it could be that this is as designed to allow the label style to hold the color when there might be multiple enities within the label.

What I can do is inform development about this issue, and allow them to investigate what is going on when these labels are exploded, and see what the intent was for this behavior.

What I would encourage, is to use the link below to also give added weight to this issue. If you have any feedback you would like to submit regarding this issue or the current product in genreal, please navigate to the link below and submit this to the project manager of that product (specified in link).  This will help the PM and developers hear your voice on any changes/concerns with functionality directly for consideration in future builds.

Feedback Link:  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Jason Ferrelli
Message 6 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

What am I missing here?

If a line label has a color of by layer and I explode it twice the resulting text object has a color of by layer.

If a line label has a color of red and I explode it twice the resulting text object has a color of red.

To me it sounds like everything is working as it should be.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Oh I see it now the label defined ByLayer explodes with the layer color assigned to the text and it is not set to byLayer....

Doh!

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
gbondoc

Try this

Options, AEC Editor, uncheck Block Properties of Exploded Objects
Message 9 of 10
IanMcClain
in reply to: gbondoc

That's it, thanks, gbondoc!

Ian McClain
Message 10 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: gbondoc

Oh that's a nice find. Thx.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report