Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

explode an ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lgs663
9677 Views, 4 Replies

explode an ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY

i have a drawing i recieved from some one else - that has an ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY in it that i cannot edit or explode or erase or change layer - any one know how i might be able to do this?

thanks

lgs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
peterfunkautodesk
in reply to: lgs663

You need to go back to the person that gave you the drawing or get the OE for the object. The object is a proxy because the version of AutoCAD that you are using doesn't know about the object or how to draw it. Without this information, it can't be exploded into AutoCAD entities.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Nikki2005
in reply to: lgs663

I am using the 2013 Version of AutoCAD and I am still having this issue, what is an OE so that I can have the original creater of the file send it to me?

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: Nikki2005

"OE" stands for object enabler.  Essentially, its an add-on to AutoCAD-based programs that interprets data from custom objects created by vertical products like Civil3D as well as some third-party applications while not giving access to modify those objects.  The version of the object enabler is important, and should match or exceed the version of the custom objects in the DWG.  Note this is *not* the DWG version, but a separate value.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: Nikki2005

Adding to the other comments, if you watch the command line when loading the drawing, it should report the missing application that was used to create the objects. Once you know that you can look for the appropriate enabler on the ADESK website.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report