Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing road alignment

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ingegneria
1599 Views, 9 Replies

Existing road alignment

I need to widening an existing road; so first of all I have to create the alignment but I don't know how. I mean, the road already exists and I have all data regarding it (lenghts of the straight lines, curves radius) but I don't know to use them. How can I do that?

Vincent

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Pointdump
in reply to: ingegneria

Ingegneria,

Dig into the Tutorials in the Help Section. The Tutorials are the quickest way to get up to speed, and they are surprisingly easy.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 10
ingegneria
in reply to: Pointdump

Maybe you can suggest me where I have to look at...
Message 4 of 10

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2014/ENU/contexthelp/CIVIL-TUTORIALS.htm

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 5 of 10
AllenJessup

Use the Alignment Creation Tools to enter the tangent and curve information you have.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

I meant to mention that you can draw point to point tangents using the 'BD [Bearing Distance] transparent command. Also you can enter coordinates by using the 'NE transparent command.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
ingegneria
in reply to: AllenJessup

I tried to follow your suggestion but I can change the lenghts of the segments. 

Enclosed you find the data table.

Message 8 of 10
Pointdump

Ingegneria,

From the JPG it looks like the Alignment is already in your drawing. Otherwise you wouldn't see the Alignment Entities Panorama. If you already have the Alignment and you want to widen the road, you'll then need to create a Corridor. I don't know how different language C3D versions work, but if you'd post your drawing, we can look at it.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 9 of 10
AllenJessup

A lot depends on how the alignment was created. If changes violate design criteria. They may be blocked.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 10 of 10

Hello, May you share your knowledge regarding this matter with me? As I am currently on the same issue as yours. I would love to learn how to create a new road alignment on top of an existing road. In my case, it's a single lane (existing) and I need to upgrade to Dual lane carriageway. Thank you in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report