Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Elevation Labels at Datum & Top Grade Breaks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Melce
1325 Views, 10 Replies

Existing Elevation Labels at Datum & Top Grade Breaks

Hi. i created section view as in pic1. In Bands, Existing surface elevation labels at existing surface grade breaks, top of road elevation labels at top grade breaks, datum is the same. Can i add existing surface elevation labels at top of road grade breaks? (pic2)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Melce
in reply to: Melce

nobody knows that Smiley Sad ?

Message 3 of 11
Joe-Bouza

Usually, if you can think it civil3d can label it. I don't really understand your question but labeling eg at and fg location should be doable, either OOTB or by writing an expression.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
Melce
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

i wrote the title wrong. it should be "existing ground elevation labels"  sorry for this.

---

Thanks joe but i can't write expression for  section view bands style. I have three surface (Existing ground, datum of road, top of road). At section view bands, How can i add existing ground elevation labels at grade breaks of datum or top of road ? (pic2).

Message 5 of 11
tcorey

Can you post your drawing?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 11
Melce
in reply to: tcorey

thank you in advance for your interest. file size exceeds limit so i upload to mediafire

==> Drawing

Message 7 of 11
Joe-Bouza

Something doesn't sound right the more I read this? Doesn't a standard data band give EG at FG grade Breaks?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
Melce
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

no. it gives EG elevation labels at EG grade breaks. I want to add EG elevation labels at FG grade breaks (In Section view data bands)

Message 9 of 11
billy.qwang

Hi Melce,

are you asking how to label at grade breaks for both eg & fg surfaces in one section view band?

I am troubled by the same issue for weeks and couldn't find an answer, did you end up finding your solution?

Regards

Billy

Message 10 of 11
tcorey

When you create the Data Band style, from the Band Details tab, Labels and Ticks section, pick Grade Breaks and then press the button to Compose Label (the one on the lower right) 

Delete all components by pressing the red X. Create a new text component. In the contents, press the ellipsis button. In Properties dialog, pick Section1Elevation. Press the arrow to move it into the preview box. Pick at the end of the entry in the preview and press enter. Go back to the properties pulldown and pick Section2Elevation. Press the arrow to put that below the section 1 entry. In the screenshot, I have added text OG: and FG: in front of the two sets of code.

After composing the label, back at the Sect Data Band Style dialog, be sure to go to the Display tab and turn on Labels at Grade Breaks.

Once you OK out of that, at the Section Veiw Group Bands dialog, set Surface 1 and Surface 2 to the correct surfaces.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 11 of 11
kwameansu

I don't know if you have been able to resolve this issue but here is the solution.

1. In your band style, create labels for Grade Breaks. In the style definition set the labels as Section 2 Elevations.
  2. Save and close the band style definition.
  3. In the Band Set definition for the section view set Section 1 to the finished ground surface and Section 2 to existing ground surface. 
  4. The labels will appear at all grade breaks for the finished ground levels. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report