Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Errors???

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
320 Views, 4 Replies

Exception Errors???

My celebration on the earlier post was a little pre-mature!! I have encountered countless lock ups and errors trying to work in Civil 3d with a certain project. Most of the trouble is taking place when I try to make a feature line for my grading object. I have tried numerous different types of lines, plines, and rectangles, all without success. Most of the time I am getting the program to lock up immediately after clicking on the object to turn into the feature line. Other times I am getting errors: 0x0004 Exception at 45d660ah and 0x006c Exception at 4631883h. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them, or know what the errors are?? I have searched through the help files on the Autodesk website with no solution. I have purged the drawing and ran an audit on it - everything is clean. Any help would be great! Thanks, Chad
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Chad - Can you send me the drawing? I'll try it out. There are defects that we've confirmed when grading in certain cases, however you're case seems to happen when you're creating the feature line. I've not seen similar reports of this nor have I had this happening on my machine. I'll try out your drawing so we can see if it's the drawing or possibly something specific to your environment. Thanks DAS "Chad Wurzer" wrote in message news:4198f0e6$1_2@newsprd01... > My celebration on the earlier post was a little pre-mature!! > I have encountered countless lock ups and errors trying to work > in Civil 3d with a certain project. Most of the trouble is taking place > when I try to make a feature line for my grading object. > I have tried numerous different types of lines, plines, and rectangles, all > without success. > Most of the time I am getting the program to lock up immediately after > clicking on the object to turn into the feature line. Other times I am > getting errors: > 0x0004 Exception at 45d660ah and 0x006c Exception at 4631883h. > > Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them, or know what the > errors are?? > I have searched through the help files on the Autodesk website with no > solution. > > I have purged the drawing and ran an audit on it - everything is clean. > > Any help would be great! > > Thanks, > Chad > >
Message 3 of 5
darryl_sharp

I have been going through the Live View excercises and my Laptop has completely shut down on 3 different occasions. The first one happened when I opened up GSG_features_points.dwg. I was changing some of the styles on the Prospector tab and crash. No warning. The latest happened when I opened up GSG_features_surfaces.dwg. I selected the shaded grid and then right clicked properties and again crash. My computer completely shuts off.

Any one else having this problem.

I have not installed it on my workstation. This computer is an HP Paviloin laptop 3.2ghz, 1gig ram 128meg GeForce FX5600
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

"darryl_sharp" wrote in message news:10586513.1100672738452.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have been going through the Live View excercises and my Laptop has completely shut down on 3 different occasions. The first one happened when I opened up GSG_features_points.dwg. I was changing some of the styles on the Prospector tab and crash. No warning. The latest happened when I opened up GSG_features_surfaces.dwg. I selected the shaded grid and then right clicked properties and again crash. My computer completely shuts off. Yikes! Your computer shuts off???? I'd like to think that Civil3D cannot do that to you system no matter what you do. So I'd suggest a complete virus scan, Windows security updates, spyware check etc. > I have not installed it on my workstation. This computer is an HP Paviloin laptop 3.2ghz, 1gig ram 128meg GeForce FX5600 Latest stable drivers for your graphics card and any updates from HP for your BIOS etc. should be applied with care. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hey Himanshu; I was having similar issues prior to loading SP1 into C3D 2004. Memory serves to say the issues revolved around styles also, but its been awhile, and I've slept since then. :-) -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "H Gohel" wrote in message news:419b6625$1_1@newsprd01... "darryl_sharp" wrote in message news:10586513.1100672738452.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have been going through the Live View excercises and my Laptop has completely shut down on 3 different occasions. The first one happened when I opened up GSG_features_points.dwg. I was changing some of the styles on the Prospector tab and crash. No warning. The latest happened when I opened up GSG_features_surfaces.dwg. I selected the shaded grid and then right clicked properties and again crash. My computer completely shuts off. Yikes! Your computer shuts off???? I'd like to think that Civil3D cannot do that to you system no matter what you do. So I'd suggest a complete virus scan, Windows security updates, spyware check etc. > I have not installed it on my workstation. This computer is an HP Paviloin laptop 3.2ghz, 1gig ram 128meg GeForce FX5600 Latest stable drivers for your graphics card and any updates from HP for your BIOS etc. should be applied with care. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report