Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

everything disappears after widening

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rolaas
388 Views, 1 Reply

everything disappears after widening

Hi,

I'm working in a medium/large file of a 7 mile road on AutoCAD Civil 3d 2014. I'm using a corridor and an existing ground surface. I have the main alignment and 2 offset alignments to each side of it.

I'm trying to add a widening section on the corridor by creating a widening on the offset alignment. The problem is that when I create such widening section everything just disappears when I regenerate the drawing. Everything is still there, surfaces, corridors, alignments, profiles, etc. but they just disappear from the screen and I cant even select them. I tried changing the view, saving and reopening the file, regenerating several times, changing layouts, and a bunch of trick but nothing works.

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there a solution?

Thanks!

Rolando S. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fcernst
in reply to: rolaas

I'm not sure if my problem will help you or not. 

My problem is all of a sudden during corridor work, I will not be able to select my corridor by clicking on it, or trying to window select it.

I found by chance, if I simply invoke the End Isolation command from my right-click shortcut menu, the corridor will become selectable again.

Perhaps a memory leak?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report