Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Etransmit hangs up

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2917 Views, 6 Replies

Etransmit hangs up

I am using Civil 3D 2012 on a PC with Windows 7 64 bit.

When I try to run command "Etransmit" Civil 3D hangs up. I tried with different files, but the result is the same "hang up"

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Shahrokh Sobhani

Civil Engineer

SNC Lavalin Inc.

195 The West Mall

Toronto, ON  M9C 5K1

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JeffPaulsen
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you get any kind of message or does C3D just stop responding? How long have you waited?

I often have problems with eTransmit where it cannot bind an xref. Usually a contour drawing that consists of a data reference surface. In these cases I detach the xref prior to eTransmit than manually insert the contours into the new drawing.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 3 of 7
KirkNoonan

Be skeptical about Windows telling you that Civil3D has stopped responding. Check the actual acad.exe process in the processes tab of the task manager to verify that the CPU is at a low number (<20) and the memory usage is no longer changing. Then it is usually safe to assume that the program has crashed. If things are still changing on the processes tab, it might be worth waiting a bit longer to see what happens.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

In "Windows Task Manager":

• In application tab, Autocad Civil 3D 2012 in not responding
  • In Process tab, memory in 3.9 GB
  • In performance tab, CPU usage is from 5% to 20% and memory from 4.7 GB to 5.05 GB
  • After 10 minutes noting happened and the Etransmit window has not appeared yet.

thanks,

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

The reason of using Etransmit is having the attachments as seperate files, because they are prepared by other departmnets and I don't want to touch them.

I wait for about 15 minutes, but the Etransmit window doesn't come up.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
KirkNoonan

If you're dealing with several references and complex files, it could take 30 min or more. It also depends on the etransmit settings. Are you sacing to the same ACAD version, or saving back and exploding objexts? Do you have the "maintain visual fidelity" checkbox checked? If you are not saving back to an older version, it doesn't need to be checked. That will save some time. Also check whether or not you are binding your XREF's. Do they need to be? If you check and adjust some of these settings, you might accelerate the process. I also suggest that you wait a bit longer.

HTH

Kirk

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: KirkNoonan

The Etransmit window didn't come up to change the setting.

• in a new drawing I unchecked the "maintain visual fidelity" box. after doing this it came up in my drawing after 5 minutes and now it comes after 5 seconds.
  • also i saved all drawings to current version of Autocad (2010)

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report