Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eTransmit/AECOBJEXPLODE Bug...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jbalaneski
293 Views, 2 Replies

eTransmit/AECOBJEXPLODE Bug...

My company is finally using C3D Data Shortcuts in our production drawings.  I am somewhat pushing this thru with some backing by the supervisors in our group.  I noticed a slight quirk when I go to archive the drawings though.  In Paper Space, I have my title block and viewports.  In Model Space I have my base XREFs and C3D Data Shortcuts of my surfaces and alignments.

Everything works fine until I use the “ExportToAutoCAD” and/or the eTransmit commands to archive the drawings.  If I use those commands while in Paper Space, they don’t explode the C3D entities down to basic entities like it’s supposed to.  It puts them all in a block starting with “Viewport”   Normally I wouldn’t care if it put each entity (i.e. surface and/or alignment) in a separate block.  But it compresses them all into one block.  Also bringing objects pushed into the background (using draworder) to the front.

I noticed if I go to Model Space and run the commands, it explodes everything as it should to basic entities.  But this isn’t an ideal way of doing things.  Obviously I would love to just do everything thru Paper Space since all of our drawings are set up in Sheet Set Manager and are Layout views.

I’ve tried tweeking the settings in the AECOBJEXPLODE command that is executed in “ExportToAutoCAD” or “eTransmit”…nothing seems to make a difference.

Any idea why it is merging everything into a block?  Is it a system variable I need to set?  Is there any other way we can archive these drawings (especially in batch format like eTransmit) that would not do this?

I hope to have a solution to this before I have people complaining that it’s not archiving their drawings properly.  Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

export to autocad isn't even saving a file here. aecobjexplode does not explode projected objects in section views. All in all it's slowing me down like crazy and utterly annoying :s

Message 3 of 3
Neilw_05
in reply to: vandenoosterkamp

Try a search for eTransmit and Export to AutoCAD. You should find some answers there.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report