Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors from Mixing Data References and External References

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tspoon005
283 Views, 2 Replies

Errors from Mixing Data References and External References

Before I describe my problem, here is the background.  

1. A "MODEL" drawing exists that contains only the surface model.  
  2. The surface model is data referenced into a "LABEL" drawing that contains the surface style (contours), contour labels, and spot elevations.  
  3. This "LABEL" drawing is xref-ed into a "SHEET" drawing that contains the title block and some other xrefs containing the proposed layout, ex cond, etc..

When I open the "LABELS" drawing, the data reference works.  My problem is that when I open the "SHEET" drawing, the contour labels and spot elevations cannot find the referenced surface and just contain a string of 20 or so characters.

I already have a workaround.  If I open the "SHEET" drawing, then open the "LABELS" drawing and save it, I can reload the "LABELS" drawing within the "SHEET" drawing and the problem is solved.

HOWEVER, I have a bunch of sheets that I want to publish, and publish does not work when you have to open the file and re-reference everything.  Is there anyway to get this reference working correctly so that I do not have to open multiple drawings to get my data correct?

FYI, I have already tried resetting my data shortcuts project folder, validating data shortcuts, etc. in the "LABELS" and "SHEET" drawings.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Civil 3D 2012, SP 2.1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: tspoon005

Could be a number of things but if you have Pipe Network source drawings attached to the drawings that aren't syncing properly look at this This thread.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
tspoon005
in reply to: Jay_B

Any recommendations on how I can isolate the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report