Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors after identifying contours for surface

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1259 Views, 9 Replies

Errors after identifying contours for surface

After identifying my contours on my surface I receive errors stating in the description "Breakline(........)not added-crossed a breakline at(......)"

My TIN surface is created anyways but when I tried to determine the cut and fill between my two surfaces the program doesn't let me compare them due to these errors.

Does anyone have an issue to this?  Tried attaching file but ended up being too big.

If anyone could help, maybe e-mail the file and have a look at it to see what's wrong with it.  Or give me a solution to this issue.  Thanks ahead of time.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello annramir

What version abd service packs?

What was the data source for the surface? This error is not that  uncommon it means you have data with common xyz, and maybe a different z. Civil3d does not like common xy and different z.

Some screen captures of the surface and the data may be helpful to see

Is this related to your earier post with the corupt file? >>>HERE<<<

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Heres some screen shots.

I'm not too familiar with C3D, but I'm using 2015 version.  the data source were just several contours that I made into polylines and referenced them to the surface I generated.

I just added elevations to the contours but the boundary has no elevation.

Thanks for your help, I'm kind of at a standstill here with this project.

Message 4 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Try this: remove the contour data from the surface.
run MAPCLEAN on the contours. follow the wizard and select delete duplicate, disolve psuedo node

Reenter the contours as surface data. int add contour dialog make the suplimenting number low (i work in feet) I use 10 weed number 9 and the midordinate 0.01
Hope this helps. If not I can look at you file on monday

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

wow thanks Joe!  I believe that worked, not really sure though, I got volumes for my cut and fill which is what I ultimately needed. some borders still arent showing up though, how can I modify the boundaries?

Message 6 of 10
Joe-Bouza

You can draw any closed polylin and add as a boundary. for outer, show or hide.

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Well, I already did that, however when civil goes about figuring out the surface it doesn't completely go to the boundary.  So when I'm doing the cut and fill computation, there are some portions by the boundaries that aren't part of the volume calculation.

Thanks for your help, sorry If these are basic questions.

Message 8 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Send me the file. jbouza<at>cameronengineering<dot><com>

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for your help Mr. Bouza.  I'll post on here what you helped me fix in order to further the effectiveness of these forums! 

Message 10 of 10
annw2

3d will often lose the boundary if you do edits after adding to the surface. Your might have to delete and readd.
Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report