Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Error with selection set after audit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jimmygd
1563 Views, 6 Replies

Error with selection set after audit

After running 'Audit' in a dwg, whether I fix the errors or not, I get this message: "Previous selection set contains 7274576 paper space 6553651 model space objects". This has occurred in multiple drawings. If I go through and auidt and have it fix the errors detected, the message still comes up. Does anyone know what is going on or hopw I can clear my selection set? The drawings that this happens in seem to be rather slow. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: jimmygd

This appears to be a known issue reported Here and Here.

Not aware of any solution for it.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
jimmygd
in reply to: Jay_B

Great, thank you for sending those links. Wanted to ensure this was not an issue specific to my dwgs.

Message 4 of 7
jalneal

I have been able to reproduce the error.  It seems to be happening for me when I have edited parcels that resulted in the additon or removal of a parcel.  

I have found the selection set error goes away if I use the command -purge "r" (this purges registered applications.)  Then run audit.  I'm not sure that the message itself causes any problems, and not sure that it causes much bloat. 

Parcels have traditionally been unstable with the undo command, so try to minimize the undos you use with parcels, and save before you apply an undo, audit after you do.  I guess that's how I caught it, I noticed it always came when I did audit with that routine. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Neal, P.E.
Autodesk Infrastructure Suite Premium 2012/2013
Windows 7, x64
Xeon E31225 w/ Quadro 600
Message 5 of 7
jimmygd
in reply to: jalneal

I am familiar with parcels, but never use them. It seems to be a random bug with 2015 and it does not seem to have any negative impacts on the drawing. I will give purge a try, thanks.

Message 6 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Jay_B

Terrific! just when I got to enjoy Geolocation and I acnnot even pan around the drawiwn
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 7
matthellfish

Specific to C3D 2015, you are going to want the following hotfix installed:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Civil 3D 2015 would leave these garbage objects which would bloat the files by several megabytes. The disk space wasn't as much of a concern as was the load time it would take to open the files would take over a minute, regardless if it was local or on a network. Commands like PASTE and PURGE were noticeably taking over a minute to initialize as well. Fortunately once the hotfix is installed, just save in the effected drawing files and the junk gets removed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report