Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: This drawing was created with a newer version of Civil 3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jbalaneski
1041 Views, 3 Replies

Error: This drawing was created with a newer version of Civil 3D

This thing has been racking my brain all day...so here goes a long detailed explanation.

I am working on a multi-discipline project.  I am doing a portion of the road design and another individual in our company is doing the remainder of the road design.  Up until yesterday everything within our AutoCAD drawing (which have C3D profiles and alignments data shortcut into them) were fine.  This morning we started getting the following error:

"This drawing was created with a newer version of AutoCAD Civil 3D. All entities created by AutoCAD Civil 3D within the drawing are in a proxy state. Additionally, all commands, settings, and displays of AutoCAD Civil 3D are disabled for this drawing"

Everyone associated with the project is using C3D 2014. And what it is doing is It converts their profile views to "ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY", therefore breaking the data shortcut link to our surfaces and their design profile.  My portion of the road design and remaining drawings in the package have no issues.

I have spent probably 2 hours today Googling and reading posts within these forums and on Autodesk's websites as per possible solutions.  I tried the following:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

and 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

I know it's something within the drawing...but no matter what I do it keeps breaking the C3D links.  I fixed the drawing using the solutions I linked.  Saved the drawing, walked 5 feet to another person's desk opened up the drawing in C3D 2014 and got the exact same error and issue with the Proxy Entities.

The real kicker is that we are trying to get this out for IFC within the next 2 days...so we don't have the time to reconstruct the drawing from scratch.

The only solution/time saver I've come up with as of right now just so we can get the drawings out is to recreate the profile in the drawing and then explode it to AutoCAD entities (i.e. linework & text).  I really hate doing that because it's the old way of doing things, but it's my last resort.

Unless, someone on here has a solution for us to try.  I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: jbalaneski

Perhaps setting Proxygraphics to 0....

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
jbalaneski
in reply to: tcorey

No dice!!! Gave it a try and every drawing I tried to open crashed.

Message 4 of 4
jbalaneski
in reply to: jbalaneski

BUMPING THIS POST...

This is now effecting other offices within my company.  Got an email this morning from a colleague stating the exact same issue.  Appears to be issues with Profile Views.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report