Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages exiting C3D 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
neilyj666
927 Views, 6 Replies

Error messages exiting C3D 2013

Anyone got any idea what these messages mean - appear when exiting C3D 2013

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tom_berning
in reply to: neilyj666

I get the same error messages and have the cause narrowed down to a conflict between Raster Design and a 3rd party app, Steltman Civil Essentials although other 3rd party apps may also cause this problem. Steltman told me they are working with Autodesk to resolve the problem. It doesn't seem to affect anything since it only happens as the program closes.

Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 3 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: tom_berning

I have neither Raster Design nor Steltman Civil but similar errors have been discussed in 2008 http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Customization/Add-Boundary-to-Surface-Problems/td-p/2...

I have opened a support ticket to see if there is any official workaround and I also repaired .NET framework earlier so will see if it still happens.....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
ken
Contributor

I also get the same message on exit. It does not always happen. I have learned to close current drawing first, because initially this was causing the need for drawing recovery. At first I thought I had it narrowed down to graphics card drivers, but all drivers are up to date and system bios is the latest. Windows is also up to date. I have performed a clean install of Civil 2013 and it is the only version I have on this new system. Other than being an annoyance, and sometimes causing the Autodesk error submittal dialog to pop up there does not seem to be any way around it right now.

XEON E3-1270
32 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro 64
IDSP 2017
256 GB SSD
2TB HDD
FirePro W7000
2 monitors

(all available hotfixes/updates applied)
Message 5 of 7
Sinc

Autodesk introduced a HUGE number of unpublished changes in 2013.  That's why it took us so long to introduce the Sincpac-C3D for C3D-2013, and why we still don't have it in the App Store - we want to make sure everything is working before we do that.  And not only that, they forced us to create separate 32-bit and 64-bit versions of our project for C3D 2013, which is something we never had to do before.

So I can understand if you're seeing weird issues.  And I doubt it's actually Robert's fault - he's a friend of mine, a great software developer, and he's been helping our community out for years now.  This is one of the reasons why I am constantly complaining about these yearly releases - they introduce as many problems as they fix.  It's very annoying.  For all of us.

Sinc
Message 6 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: Sinc

@Sinc wrote:

Autodesk introduced a HUGE number of unpublished changes in 2013.  That's why it took us so long to introduce the Sincpac-C3D for C3D-2013, and why we still don't have it in the App Store - we want to make sure everything is working before we do that.  And not only that, they forced us to create separate 32-bit and 64-bit versions of our project for C3D 2013, which is something we never had to do before.

So I can understand if you're seeing weird issues.  And I doubt it's actually Robert's fault - he's a friend of mine, a great software developer, and he's been helping our community out for years now.  This is one of the reasons why I am constantly complaining about these yearly releases - they introduce as many problems as they fix.  It's very annoying.  For all of us.

I'd suggest they actually introduce more problems than they fix......It's frustrating enough as an end user to keep hitting problems with each new release, I imagine it must be even more so if you are trying to develop solutions to address the shortcomings of the software.

I agree with the comments about the annual release cycle; it's beginning to look like it is getting rushed every year to hit marketing deadlines rather than focussing on a quality product that delivers what the user wants and doesn't crash frequently...

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
knmdk

I've been getting same messages to appear sometimes on my clean installation of Civil 3D 2013 under Windows 7. At first I thought the problem was I'm running this setup from VMware Fusion 5 under OS X Mountain Lion on MacBook Pro with Retina display.

I've done some reseach and edited registry values in ACAD-B000:409 (changed some values to zeros in CommCenter or somewhere there). Google your error name and you'll get many similar results for earlier versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D. So you'll eventually find what I've changed. Then I've installed Hotfix 2 for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 that was recently released by Autodesk.

As a result those fatal errors (upon closing program or some opened drawing inside of program) are almost gone. But I get "program quit unexpectedly" dialog window almost every time I'm closing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 or AutoCAD 2013 (the one that came with it). It hasn't been much time to test it but I feel error mostly happens after I work with some drawings done in earlier versions of AutoCAD. Saving to DWG of 2013 doesn't help.

Hope you'll find something helpful in my post. I'm pretty upset with all these errors in Civil 3D 2013 release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report