Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
othomas116
264 Views, 4 Replies

error message

Keep getting error message everytime I try to open a civil 3D 2012 tutorial file.  it says  C:\PROGRAM FILES\AUTODESK\AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D 2012\HELP\CIVIL TUTORIALS\DRAWINGS\POINTS-1.DWG IS CURRENTLY IN USE OR IS READ ONLY.  what do I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: othomas116

othomas116 wrote:

what do I do?

First I'd check the READ-ONLY flag of that file in Explorer, then I'd erase every .DWL and .DWK in its directory, sir.

Message 3 of 5

The files that are located in the Autodesk directories are marked as Readonly by the installer. I would suggest making copies of the files you want in a different directory. You'll still need to remove the readonly property after you make copies.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 5

How do I make copies of files and how do I remove the read only property.  NOT A COMPUTER TECH HERE.  Need more information on how to make the changes

Message 5 of 5

I would highly suggest a basic computer course if you don't know how to copy a file. It is a basic requirement of using pretty much any type of computer program.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report