Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**error** in the Anchor Component field

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
rkmcswain
2174 Views, 13 Replies

**error** in the Anchor Component field

@jmayo-EE 

@stacy.dunn 

Regarding the **error** we are seeing in the Anchor Component field, I ran across something else that may be related. 

Toolspace > Settings > General > Label Styles > Curve > (Pick and edit any curve label)

The "Allow Curved Text" is greyed out and unable to be changed for both the Table Tag and any other component in the drop-down list.

This is new. We have opened old existing drawings up to 2 years old and it's greyed out there too (and we know it wasn't). This affects all curve labels and it seems to have started about the same time the **error** thing did.

unable.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rkmcswain

If you recreate the componet the curve text component will un-grey (new word?) but you may see the component greyed out next time you edit...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
rkmcswain
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I was hoping you would have an answer like....

"Just set the sysvar FIXALLC3DISSUES to 1"
Message 4 of 14
jmayo-EE

🙂 Too funny.

I only have LightAtTheEndOfTheTunnel=0 for this one.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
rkmcswain

Ok, back to serious.....

If I set STARTUP to 1, then close C3D, then relaunch it, I get the option to start with a new, empty, no template drawing.

In that drawing, there is no **error**, and the "Allow Curved Text" is available.

If I open a 2 year old drawing (the same one that exhibited the problem yesterday), it is FINE now.

But as soon as I open one of the "corrupted" drawings --- from that point on, every drawing I open exhibits the **error** and the greyed out "Allow Curved Text"

The problem is, I don't know what the definition of a "corrupt drawing" is at this point. It's seems like all this nonsense (**error**, and the long crazy AEC object names) started about a month ago. I'm guessing all of these drawings are "corrupt".

Message 6 of 14
jmayo-EE

Serious or scary?

I was thinking it was just a line of code that went missing and the names that should appear were not found. I'm still hoping this is just a harmless error and not corruption.

Has anyone tested this w/ 15?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
rkmcswain

Doesn't matter to us. We can't use 2014 or 2015 because of this unfixed issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/2014-Pipe-network-pipe-styles-change-with-Syn...

Message 8 of 14
rkmcswain

Update from Autodesk subscription support, just before closing the ticket for me.

It appears that the issue occurred in other recent versions and also there is a note that it will get fixed in the next release.

I know they are using boilerplate responses, but really?

We have to wait on C3D 2016? And no fix at all for the version where it's broken, 2013?

What if we have to use C3D 2013 for compatibility with clients, partners, etc.?

Message 9 of 14
rkmcswain

Has anyone tested this w/ 15?

Yes, I just tested this in C3D 2015 and I see the same results as I see in 2013 and 2014.

As soon as you open an "infected" drawing, the [crazy long site name/object name] problem starts to exhibit itself in all currently open and future opened drawings in the same session.

The [**error**] and the [grey out of the "Allow Curve Text" field] only seems to affect future opened drawings in the same session.

Message 10 of 14
hamid.akbari

Hi

I have same problem and I jut realized when I worked 3 days on the drawings!!

what should I go to get rid this.

thanks

Hamid

Message 11 of 14
kcobabe

I have yet to see this effect how the label is presented, but the way I get that unlocked is I change it anchor to someo other component then change it back the the feature.

I have several people in my company that have been having this issue.  So hopefully this will atleast partially help.

I think the only part I have had problems with are the labels not draging the entire sweep of the arc.  Drives me nuts, but I have ways around this.  Usually with ARCTEXT.

Attached are jpegs showing that everything is usable when you switch the anchoring component.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 12 of 14
CADmgrMike
in reply to: kcobabe

I have this error in our template drawing now. Nothing is old. This is a fresh 2014 template drawing I created from the out of the box Imperial template a few months ago.

I'm not sure when it started showing up, but it's real disconcerting. Smiley Frustrated

Doesn't appear to be creating a problem, but who knows. I have 25+ users creating drawings and this could be a real problem.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 13 of 14
Jay_B
in reply to: CADmgrMike

Mike,

I see your signature indicates you have 2014 Service Pack 2 installed?

Is everyone using this Template, using 2014 SP2 as well?

According to the 2014 SP2 readme, this issue is supposed to be fixed and I haven't seen this isue at all in 2014 SP2.

We were seeing this issue here prior to everyone installing SP2.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 14 of 14
CADmgrMike
in reply to: Jay_B

Oops. I just realized I got an upgraded pc and forgot to install the service pack.

Installed SP2 and everything is fine.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report