Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in copying (or moving) of feature lines from one site to another

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
csexcion
912 Views, 4 Replies

Error in copying (or moving) of feature lines from one site to another

Hi All,

I created a new template from scratch so I used "acadiso.dwt" as base template. No Layers & no styles at the start. One by one I imported my styles from other drawings that I have already created with the company standard layers. After importing all the Civil 3D objects styles I made, I have new template for our company to use.

Then I discover something. If I copy a feature line from Site1 to Site2, Site1 will be gone. The feature lines on that site will still be there but once I run audit command, all those feature lines will also vanished including the gradings on that site. I have so many sites on my design so I did not notice it until I'm finished with my design and tried to clean up my drawings by running the audit command.It took me a while to figure out what went wrong. It was a nightmare repeating everyhting.

I don't have this error when I was using Civil 3D 2012. I'm using 2014 now. I don't know if this is a bug need to be fixed or I just made a mistake of using the "acadiso.dwt" as base template. Because If I use "AutoCAD Civil 3D (Metric) NCS.dwt" template, the copying of feature lines from one site to another will just do fine.

If anyone knows about this, I will appreciate any enlightenment. I just want to share this so you will not encounter the same mistake.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chaddsears
in reply to: csexcion

I am able to reproduce the same result...i will post an error report to autodesk.

Message 3 of 5
Kempostudent3
in reply to: chaddsears

I have just experienced the same error in 2015, so apparently they haven't fixed it.  A co-worker on a different drawing saw the same thing too.  Seems like you'd see more people complaining about such a basic function being broken for so long.

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Kempostudent3

Perhaps offset the FL, then change the site.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: csexcion

Jeff_M provided a link to this thread in This related post, just sharing the info as I'm having the same issue.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report