Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalent command to "Swap Part" in C3d 2014 Pressure Networks?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Jay_B
2516 Views, 7 Replies

Equivalent command to "Swap Part" in C3d 2014 Pressure Networks?

I've been searching for a method to swap the pipe size of an existing Pressure Network in 2014 Civil 3d.

Is this still not possible? Hopefully I'm missing something here but everywhere I see the size listed it's grayed out.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Matt_Haokip
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay,

There is no option to swap pipe size for existing pressure networks unlike the pipe networks. You may want to provide your feedback or concerns or wishes through the following link so that it goes directly to the concern authorities and the Product Management team: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 3 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Matt,

Thanks for the reply, to be clear before I post to the Wish list, does this also mean that there are no means with the current Pressure Pipes tools of changing any Pressure Pipe size short of deleting a Pipe and recreating it?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 4 of 8
Matt_Haokip

Hi Jay,

If the pressure network is an existing or already layed out, unfortunately yes, the only way to change the pipe size is to delete and add a pressure pipe with a new size. However you do have the option to change the size while laying the presssure network. http://screencast.com/t/VEKHG1GOHL 

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 5 of 8
Tentie
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

I currently have Civil 3D version 2016 and I still can't find an edit pipe size or swap pipe size option. Am I missing something or is Civil 3D still missing this option? This is one of the basic editting options that is really needed, especially on larger networks that see multiple design changes. I would be very surprized and dishartened if Autodesk has procrastinated in building this into the software. Please confirm if there is a routine to do this and if so, where or how to use it. Thanks, Glen
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Engineering Technician 1
City of North Bay
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Message 6 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: Tentie

Nothing available at this time, this option has been requested on the Idea Station Here .

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

ignore

Message 8 of 8
agentornge75
in reply to: Anonymous

This has been addressed in Civil 3D 2017, with the V1 Enhancements.

download the V1 Enhancements.

under Toolbox in the toolspace, expand the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 v1 Enhancements

expand the Swap Pressure Network Parts

double click Swap Pressure Network Parts

select a pressure pipe in a Profile.  choose the size to swap to, and then choose the method of swap (holding the cover, holding the centerline, etc).  

thats it. its now very efficient and easy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report