Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Data Sources for Pipe Data in Band

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
4224 Views, 15 Replies

Empty Data Sources for Pipe Data in Band

-Drawing contains sanitary sewer and storm pipe networks.
-I have pipe inverts showing in about 30 profile views on the band.
-Added some more alignments and while creating the profile view I found I don't have any options under the data source. (see attached file)
-This is the same for the other profiles that are already showing the pipe data.
-Pipe networks are not data referenced.
-It doesn't matter what style I use I get the same result
-Everything else is status quo. The drawing has been stable.

This one seems very odd. I've never experienced issues quite like it. What do you guys think?
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
CADdretek72
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same problem? My data sources used to be there but they disappeared. This has happened with two of my pipe model files

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Andre

Civil 3D 2011 64bit

Windows 7 64bit

Message 3 of 16
rim90

I too am having the same problem.  Started using Civil 3D 2012 SP1.  (initially started with Civil 3D 2007 then 2008, 2010)

My current model has four pipe networks.  I created three profiles, added the relevant pipes to each profile then set the data sources in each band for the relevant pipe network.  All ok.

The following day, I created an additional profile, added the relevant pipes.  In profile view properties, the data source selection is blank.  Almost as if ther are no pipe networks in the model, but clearly there are because I can edit the networks & create schedules etc.

Also, the three profiles created the previous day, of which are displaying pipe data in the profile bands.  Now when I select profile view properties, the data source box is blank and cannot select any pipe network.

Seems to be losing a link somewhere.

Rob.

- Civil 3D 2012 SP1 64 bit

- Windows 7 64bit

Message 4 of 16
rim90
in reply to: rim90

I've managed to get the pipe networks to come back into view in the data source column of the profile view properties.

In Prospector (Incedently is very slow in 2012 for some reason) under pipe networks, reset the reference surface & reference alignmentfor each of the pipe networks & to the pipes and structures in each network.

That seemed to make it work.  As mentioned in my post earlier, maybe Civil 3D lost a link between the profiles and the pipe networks.

Rob

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

I had this same propblem.

The good old shut down autocad and restart seemed to fix it.

Message 6 of 16
mermerCAD

I have had this problem with two files now.  I tried everything that the previous posts suggested, but nothing brings back my data source.  Could it be a problem with opening a C3D 2013 created pipe network and profile view in C3D 2014?  If so, is there something I should do to prevent this?

Thanks!

Meredith

Message 7 of 16
mpineda7
in reply to: mermerCAD

I have exactly the same problem.

we have the solution?

Message 8 of 16
RDunkley
in reply to: mpineda7

This happened for me too.

Doing a Drawing Recovery and Audit would not fix it, neither would a Restart...

This issue occurs whenever I copy a Pipe Network from one drawing to another using the Copy and Paste from Clipboard commands.

I can confirm that this occurs in Civil 3D 2014 & 2015.

Luckily I had a previous version to go back to... Only lost half a day..!

Hopefully Autodesk can sort this one out...

Regards.

Ross.

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
Message 9 of 16
RDunkley
in reply to: RDunkley

Update: I can confirm that the Data Source Band is also blank if I Copy & Paste any Pipes or Structures within the same drawing...

Regards.

Ross.

Message 10 of 16
lim.wendy

I was able to reproduce the issue using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. See video.

For the others, I'd appreciate if you could provide detail steps to reproduce the issue, it seemed that it is not unique to just Ctrl and Paste clip.

Thanks,

Wendy

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 11 of 16
RDunkley
in reply to: lim.wendy

Wendy Lim from Autodesk pointed out that if you Save, Close and Reopen the offending drawing the Data Source is repopulated.

At least we have a workaround for now!

Regards.

Ross.

Message 12 of 16
lim.wendy

Hi all,

The issue that you describe has been reported to Autodesk and is being researched by our development team for a possible cause and resolution. In the
meantime, please perform the workaround workaround as mentioned by Ross…

Save, Close and Reopen the offending drawing the Data Source is repopulated.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 13 of 16
DMCJEWELL
in reply to: lim.wendy

I am having this issue as well, none of the available work arounds have fixed my issue.  I think my co worker may have accidentally copied everything in the drawing last week he had double everything while I was looking over his shoulder, not sure how he did that but he was trying to copy or manipulate a pipe run chart I think.

This week I have to work on the drawing and none of the pipe runs will link to the profile views for the data bands.

What options are available to fix this problem now?

Message 14 of 16
donniemacinnis
in reply to: DMCJEWELL

I had this problem, Had Pipe Networks in the drawing, but in profile data bands the data source was blank.

This is what caused my problem: I had imported a block I made, it brought with it the pipe networks which were in the drawing I made it in. The nested pipe networks were the problem. 

When I purged this block, the problem was fixed.

Message 15 of 16

The purge workaround was what worked for me.  I'm generally nervous of the audit command since its such a sledgehammer solution.  I had inserted a few dozen pipe networks, and after a purge they all showed.

Message 16 of 16
maryam.
in reply to: LoganEnvEng

Thanks. that also worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report