Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eliminating a segment in a lot line

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tr4driver
282 Views, 2 Replies

Eliminating a segment in a lot line

I have a subdivision plat that I'm working on with a curved lot line.  When I label this particular lot line, Civil 3D labels it like it's two different segments.  In other words, instead of labeling the line as a 100 foot long arc with a radius of 100 feet, it labels it as a 60 foot arc and a 40 foot arc.  I can't figure out how to combine the two segments.  All of the lots lines were created from polyline objects, and there was no break in the original line work (nor is there any indication of a break in this location when I select it).  Anyone know how to fix this and get it to label correctly?

Thanks,

Kurt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: tr4driver

Is there a lot line for adjacent lots intersecting this curve? If so, you need a label style set to "Span outside segments". Then, as long as the label is to the side of the unbroken arc you will get the full curve data, flip the label and you will get the segmented data.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
tr4driver
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

Is there a lot line for adjacent lots intersecting this curve? If so, you need a label style set to "Span outside segments". Then, as long as the label is to the side of the unbroken arc you will get the full curve data, flip the label and you will get the segmented data.

Thanks for the reply Jeff.  I found out there there was a shorter line segment laying directly on top of the longer correct line segment.  C3D was creating an in-line PI at the end of the shorter segment.  However, whenever I clicked on the line, I was selecting the longer segment and didn't realize there was a shorter one underneath it.  It took me a while to figure that out.  Once I figured out what was going on, I selected the shorter line segment with a window and deleted it.  Everything is labeled correctly now.

Kurt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report