AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

jdharrison
Message 1 of 3 (107 Views)

Elevations

107 Views, 2 Replies
01-10-2013 01:16 PM

I am manualy entering points with a descrption and elevation. when I export the points into a file and view the points the elevations have change approximately 400' in elevations and the difference is not constent.But if I want to edit the point the elevations show up correct. This is only happing in one drawing, my others are come out correct. I am working with AutoCad Civil 3d 2012 and not in a 3d format.

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: Elevations

01-10-2013 01:26 PM in reply to: jdharrison

I believe the quickest and easiest recommendation is for you to attach your dwg and your export file here in the forum.

Bill

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 3 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: Elevations

01-10-2013 05:01 PM in reply to: jdharrison

You could have exported from a metric drawing to an Imperial point file format, or vice-versa.

Transformation settings? Drawing set to inches, not feet?

Like Bill suggested, the easiest, fastest answer will come if you post your data.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.