Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevations Analysis Range

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rendarin
430 Views, 5 Replies

Elevations Analysis Range

Good afternoon everybody!

I just ran into an old problem I had forgotten about. I'm doing some color bonding for a grid surface (final result is to show an inundation map of a river) and have set the number of ranges to 11, but when I click the Run Analysis button, it comes up with 12 ranges rather than 11.  What's really gets me is when I run it at 10 and 12 ranges, it gives the correct number.  

I have multiple surfaces and sometimes setting 11 gives the correct analysis. In some surfaces, it doesn't. I can't figure out why this is happening. 

Has this happened to anybody else? I've attached screenies of what happened.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KirkNoonan
in reply to: rendarin

I noticed that this quit happening in the 2013 and later versions.
Message 3 of 6
rendarin
in reply to: KirkNoonan

The original file was made in 2013, but I also tried opening it and working on it via 2014 but the issue persists.
Message 4 of 6
KirkNoonan

I guess I just didn't notice anymore because I stopped using the generic ranges when they added the option to select ranges by elevation intervals and datum.

Message 5 of 6
rendarin
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Yeah, I noticed those options. I guess this hasn't been much of an issue to most people considering the minimal discussion on this.

I'll have to figure out how to tweak the elevation banding colors then, as sometimes I need the colors to be in the reverse order as compared to the default made by the intervals and datum.
Message 6 of 6
neilyj666

There is a tool in the UKIE country kit that exports an analysis to a text file that can be edited e.g alter the colours and then it can be imported back into CIvil. I've never used it but it does work apparently.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report