Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation table from alignment or feature line

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
randallconner
4343 Views, 5 Replies

Elevation table from alignment or feature line

I need elevation data from a surface.  I need an elevation every 15' along an alignment or feature line.  I would like the information as a table.  I am not sure how to do this.

thanks

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: randallconner

An alignment does not provide elevation data by itself, but a surface profile along that alignment would have the information that you're looking for.  The profile can display elevations at intervals using either labels or a profile view band, but I can't see any way to create a table for the data.

A featureline would have both location and elevation data tied to it, but again there's no table option for displaying it.

The only option I can think of is to create cogo points at intervals along the alignment or featureline, and put them into a table.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
randallconner
in reply to: sboon

thanks, that helped.

Message 4 of 6
BrianHailey
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

The only option I can think of is to create cogo points at intervals along the alignment or featureline, and put them into a table.

The primary issue with the points option is there is no option to include the station/offset information. It's a good start but we still need the option for point tables to include station/offset from an alignment.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 6
C3D_User
in reply to: randallconner

Here is a work around:

1. Draw Alignment over Surface.

2. Set Points on said alignment at 15' stations.

3. Create a No Plot Structure Style, I like to use a Benchmark Symbol for plan view.

4. Add said Structure style to a your Pipe Network Parts List, or create a dummy one and add.

5. Create a Pipe Network with Structures only, and snap said Structure style to Points on alignment and using appropriate surface.

6. Create a "Structure Table Style" with Alignment and Rim Elevation information only.  You now have what you need and best of all its dynamic.

This has done the job for me, it seems that sometimes we just have to get a little creative!

Hope that helps!

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: C3D_User

Thats sounds like an old LDt trick I used to use. Smiley Very Happy Good job

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report