Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation Banding Surface Not Displaying Properly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mattsears18
1528 Views, 2 Replies

Elevation Banding Surface Not Displaying Properly

Today I created a TIN Volume Surface. The volume surface seems to have a "resolution" issue if you will when displaying using elevation banding. In the attached screenshot note how the edges of the surface are "squared" or pixelated. Also, the blue lines are "hide" boundaries, and they have the same effect. I've created volume surfaces before with no issues until now. 

The volume surface compares 2 surfaces that were created from nothing but contours. Some of the contours can be seen in the attached image.

I've tried REDRAW and REGEN, the image looks the same in model space and paper space, I've tried closing AutoCAD and reopening the file. I deleted the volume surface and then created a new one... No luck. Any ideas? I'm sure there's just a setting somewhere that I'm missing.

For comparison, also attached is a screenshot a "normal" volume surface that I created before. This one has no "hide" boundaries, but the edges of the surface aren't "squared."

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: mattsears18

Perhaps you accidentally created a grid volume surface instead of a TIN volume.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
mattsears18
in reply to: sboon

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report