Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation Banding Contour Plotting Thicknesses

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
M.Cro
409 Views, 1 Reply

Elevation Banding Contour Plotting Thicknesses

I might be missing a step in my styles setup but for the life of me I cannot figure out where it is.

The Problem:

After I have created a surface with the applied style of 2D elevation banding, I run the analysis on the contours tab and set my colours accordingly. When I go to plot the drawing, only the first Contour (usually a 5') plots at the correct thickness while all others appear to stay at 0.00mm.  

What I have tried:

Setting Contour Layer to plot at 0.30mm - no luck

Setting Cont-Mjr (5' Contours in my case) to 0.30mm and User-Conturs to 0.30mm

Setting Edit Display Style (Contour Tab) at the bottom the list of contour ranges lineweight to By Layer - No Luck

Setting Edit Display Style (Contour Tab) at the bottom the list of contour ranges lineweight to By Block - No Luck

Setting Edit Display Style (Contour Tab) at the bottom the list of contour ranges lineweight to 0.30mm - No Luck

-> Previous three a pain with 16 ranges...

And some combinations of all with no luck.

Could someone help me please?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
M.Cro
in reply to: M.Cro

Ok, I figured this one out pretty quick;

In the Surface Properties Analysis Tab under Contours I was holding shift and selecting all of the ranges to change the lineweight there.

By clicking on each range indiviually I was able to change the lineweight to 0.30mm.

So my next question out of this is... Is there any way to set up your Elevation Banding style contours using the rainbow scheme and have the ranges lineweight automatically set to By Layer?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report