Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EG Profile not updating after Alignment is modified

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sfuller
2250 Views, 6 Replies

EG Profile not updating after Alignment is modified

I created an alignment in one file.  Then in another file I data shortcuted that alignment in.  From there I created an existing ground profile using that alignment.  Later I modifed the alignment. When I go into my profile drawing containing the existing ground profile, it did not update.  I have had this happen on several projects and I can not figure out why it is not updating.  My station range on the existing ground profile is set to automatic. 

Any suggestions on what to check?  I used to do this all the time in 2012 and never had this problem.

I am using 2013 with the latest update.

Thanks very much for any assistance offered.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sfuller

I learned to get out of the habit of DS alignment and making profiles elsewhere. Trust me it will haunt you later if you keep doing it.

Do alignments and profiles in the same file.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
mathewkol

Joe has the idea. Yes, it should be possible and it can be circumvented by switching the profile to static and then back to dynamic, but that is not the ideal situation. Better to have the profile in the same file as the alignment.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 7
drew.leino

If the Alignment is brought in via a Data Shortcut, even though it may say it is synchronized or not have the exclamiation icon to indicate out of date, right-click on the alignment and select synchronize to run the command again.   Do the same with the surface if is brought into the drawing via a DS.

I have seen this with profiles that are in a different drawing via DS, they may show up with no length, but running the synchronize command will bring it back.  This can be an issue with P&P sheets being batch plotted if the P&P drawing is not opened first so the synchronize can be done.

Message 5 of 7
sfuller

Thank you for your suggestion Drew, I all ready made sure I resynced everything just incase.  But that didn't work either.

Message 6 of 7
drew.leino

I am wondering if there a computer you have access to with C3D 2013 and NOT the lastest update?  Open the drawing in that version and see if the profile updates.  This issue of not updating seems to be new with the service pack for C3D.  Please let me know if this is it.  The issue did seem to be "random" where some computers did update and others did not, but the more I check into the configurations that have the issue, the more it points to the service pack.

I don't know of a way to just remove the service pack, unless you happen to have created a restore point before installing it.  To remove it you will go through uninstalling C3D and reinstalling without the service pack being applied. If anyone knows different, please share.

Message 7 of 7
sfuller
in reply to: drew.leino

I will give this a try when I can squeeze in the time.  I will report back my findings.

Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report