AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
mbcastle
Message 1 of 3 (123 Views)

EG profile - dynamic vs. static

123 Views, 2 Replies
04-12-2006 04:22 PM
I understand that if you have an EG surface profile (generated from a surface) and set that profile to dynamically update it will not be visible when x-referenced into another drawing (or if the host drawing is opened in plain AutoCAD as I found out). The solution apparently is to switch the profile to static mode. However, profiles in static mode to do respond to changes in the linetype generation variable (dynamic ones do). So in my case I have a dashed EG profile that looks terrible. If I change it back to dynamic it looks great, but then won't show up when referenced into another drawing. Is it too much to ask to have the profile look right and show up when x-referenced. Apparently it is.
choneyman
Message 2 of 3 (123 Views)

Re: EG profile - dynamic vs. static

04-13-2006 10:37 AM in reply to: mbcastle
Try adding the drawing to the same project as your xref'd drawing. Seems to work for me most of the time.
mbcastle
Message 3 of 3 (123 Views)

Re: EG profile - dynamic vs. static

04-13-2006 11:53 AM in reply to: mbcastle
Thanks for the suggestion. I have to give it a try. What I did do was import the surface into the same drawing containing the profile (via XML) instead of referencing a shortcut and now the EG profile displays properly in the various plan/profile drawings.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.