Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EG profile - dynamic vs. static

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mbcastle
498 Views, 2 Replies

EG profile - dynamic vs. static

I understand that if you have an EG surface profile (generated from a surface) and set that profile to dynamically update it will not be visible when x-referenced into another drawing (or if the host drawing is opened in plain AutoCAD as I found out). The solution apparently is to switch the profile to static mode. However, profiles in static mode to do respond to changes in the linetype generation variable (dynamic ones do). So in my case I have a dashed EG profile that looks terrible. If I change it back to dynamic it looks great, but then won't show up when referenced into another drawing. Is it too much to ask to have the profile look right and show up when x-referenced. Apparently it is.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
c__h
in reply to: mbcastle

Try adding the drawing to the same project as your xref'd drawing. Seems to work for me most of the time.
Message 3 of 3
mbcastle
in reply to: mbcastle

Thanks for the suggestion. I have to give it a try. What I did do was import the surface into the same drawing containing the profile (via XML) instead of referencing a shortcut and now the EG profile displays properly in the various plan/profile drawings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report